Monday, February 24, 2014

Crowdsourcing Links Response

I think the idea of crowdsourcing is a great one and is unavoidable with all the technology that exists in todays society. It was cool to find out that crowdsourcing can actually decrease the cost of designing things while increasing the quality; a great business model. As for websites like wikipedia it takes devoted volunteers to ensure vandalism stays down. I always wondered how wikipedia stayed on the less profane side as it is so easy to edit the pages. It was also crazy to find out that there was only one real wikipedia employee. At first I thought crowdsourcing could be detrimental to quality but I guess a bigger selection of designs could allow for the 'diamonds in the rough' to emerge. I really liked the idea of the declaration of interdependence video and I thought it was cool, although I am more inclined to 'normal' narrative cinema storytelling, I think crowdsourcing is a great way to advertise an idea, concept, and or a shared ideal amongst the people of the internet cheaply and quickly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment