Monday, April 7, 2014

Bridgman Packer Response

I thought that the concept of Bridgman and Packer's show was really cool. Although it wasn't the most complex approach, they used what they had to much advantage; my favorite part was when they would project a body over another persons body, using the live person as a screen for another person was cool. I also liked how the size of the projections could be altered based off the subject's distance to the camera. I saw this experience as an opportunity to see if/how I could use moving image projection in my own filmic career. The in class workshop definitely opened up some new ideas in my head relating to film and art. I think it will be very interesting to use projectors in order to depict a panoramic type environment, also projectors hooked up to a computer can do dome cool things for color. I'd like to shoot some sort of experimental music video and use a projector/projectors for the source of light, that way, during the take I would be able to change the color of the projector, or even the pattern from say a flat blue into flames of some sort being projected on the film's subject. There's really limitless possibilities of what the two combined mediums can do while being used simultaneously, and I'm glad I got to experience come thing like Bridgman packer because I think it helped influence me into using the simultaneous camera/projector as a new way to illustrate ideas of moving images that I have been thinking of how to approach.

No comments:

Post a Comment